How to avoid K-pop blogger burnout:
Realize that the typhoon of words being generated about K-pop by Western media post-“Gangnam Style” is all the same narrative (“the rise of…” “the secrets behind…”) and is therefore not rendering you irrelevant.
Find the other stories you know.
And now that everyone has caught up with the backstory, tell them.
Basically why I continue to stay true to my perspective about K-Pop.
Anonymous asked: have you listened to the KPOP For Lovers mix by killthedjs? I find it very pleasant to listen to, and a little surprising. it's on soundcloud if you search "killthedjsnyc"
Pretty cool mix, but there’s not enough K-Pop music not made by Big Bang :\
Currently DJing in ‘McRoth’s K-Pop House Party’, Come Hang Out
Anonymous asked: what k-pop websites do you think offer news in a generally neutral and unbiased format? thanks!
Make Your B.E.D. In April! (full list)
The full list for the “Blog Every Day In April: Kpop Superlative Challenge” is complete! Jot this down, save it, copy it, et cetera et cetera:
- Boy band member most likely to win a drag queen competition
- Idol most likely to survive a zombie apocalypse
- Idol most likely to become a ringmaster
- Idol most likely to become a hobo
- Worst live singer: Male Category
- Worst live singer: Female Category
- Idol most likely to have gone weeks without a shower
- Best weave on a man
- Idol least likely to care about their own music
- Most likely to become a member of the clergy
- Idol most likely to trip over air
- Idol most likely to be mistaken for a mortal
- Least likely to remember that crazy ass pool party last night
- Best live singer: Male Category
- Best live singer: Female Category
- Band member most likely to cast the Avada Kedavra incantation on their band mates
- Best at booty popping
- Cutest OTP
- Idol most likely to win a poetry slam competition
- Biggest Troll
- Idol most likely to go solo
- Most precious idol
- Idol most likely to become a frat-boy
- Most likely to be Regina George
- Idol who’s the biggest flirt
- The Head Bitch on Campus
- Most likely to be friend-zoned
- Least likely to survive a butterfly attack
- Least likely to go to Heaven
- Most likely to become God of their own religion
Make Your B.E.D. In April!
I’m working on a list for a “Blog Every Day in April: Kpop Superlative Challenge” that I’ll be posting on my blog! If you want to do this with me, I’ll be posting the complete list later this week so you can start working on your juicy answers to the daily topics for April.
Here’s just a handful to get your coochies popping:
“Boy Band Member Most Likely To Win A Drag Queen Competition” (aw, yeah)
“Idol Most Likely To Survive a Zombie Apocalypse” (hide yo kids, hide yo wife, oh shit- they zombies!)
“Worst Live Singer: Female Category” (ouch, gurl)
“Idol Least Likely To Remember that crazy ass pool party last night” (hnngg)